Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
|A Strange Group
|Location||Colby's Movieland Cinema 4|
|Mission||A Strange Group|
|Survivor(s)|| Beth Shrake |
|Starts||Day 3, Sept. 21, 12 am|
|Expires||Day 3, Sept. 21, 10 am|
|Otis's call||This is kind of weird, but there's a group of freaks in raincoats gathered in COLBY'S MOVIELAND. They're wearin' matchin' masks too. They're really given' me the creeps.|
|Dead Rising Scoops|
Raincoat Cult followersEdit
Otis will call Frank at midnight informing him that there is something strange going on in the movie theater. The once zombie-filled theater is now quiet except for chanting in the background. Turn the first corner in the hallway and run into several Raincoat Cult members, blocking the hallway to theater 4.
Sean's ritual cutsceneEdit
thumb|300px|right|Cutscene 34 - A Strange Group
Sean: Those who reject salvation embrace ignorance!
Sean's death and cultistsEdit
When Sean is defeated, he stumbles over to the mannequin and collapses, causing it to teeter over and fall, with gruesome results.
When Sean dies, immediately run up and close the doors to the theater, locking out the Raincoat Cultists in the process. This will give Frank time to untie all the Survivors without the risk of injury to them or Frank.
Sean's death cutsceneEdit
When Sean dies, Frank receives three rewards:
- Movieland Warehouse Key, used to open the door to the left of the stage to free Cheryl Jones
- the strong Ceremonial Sword.
- Brainwashing Tips Book, this Book makes escorted survivors no longer fear death and readily jump into danger.
Frank can now free the four hostages:
In addition to these hostages, there is another survivor locked in the closet, Cheryl Jones. Cheryl can be freed upon Sean's death when Frank receives the Movieland Warehouse Key.
Battling the cultistsEdit
Frank can grab the Propane Tank from the Movieland Warehouse where Cheryl was locked in. Set the tank next to the doorway. Open the door, run a safe distance away, and quickly target and shoot the tank.
The cultists can still gas Frank and kidnap him to the Cultist's Hideout. Since Frank will be in another area, this will probably result in the death of any freed survivors.
After the battle, give the survivors any extra weapons that Frank can spare. The zombies have also returned to Colby's Movieland. The cultists are now completely gone and will not return again.
- This is the only scoop in which Frank can rescue 5 survivors from one single mission.
- There is no prestige point photo available for Cheryl in this scoop.
- If Frank abandons the hostages after killing Sean Keanan, and does not open the Movieland warehouse door, all of the hostages will die within 30 minutes, but Cheryl will remain in the Movieland warehouse (closet) for hours after.
- The prerequisite for Otis calling about this scoop is the unannounced The Cult scoop. If Frank arrives at The Cult scoop after 12 am on the 3rd day, Otis will call immediately after The Cult cutscene about the A Strange Group scoop.
- ↑ Dead Rising Game Script, IGN, (January, 2009).
- ↑ a b c d Off, Greg (August 7, 2006). Dead Rising Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames. , p. unknown
- ↑ a b c d Dead Rising Featured Guide, Cheat Happens.
- ↑ a b Dead Rising: Game Script, GameFAQs.com, (January 5, 2009).
- ↑ a b Dead Rising: FAQ/Walkthrough by Natedrizzle, GameFAQs, (August 28, 2006).
- ↑ a b c d Dead Rising FAQ/Walkthrough, IGN, (February 25, 2007). "You will have to use a melee weapon against Sean,since he almost always manages to dodge any bullets that you shoot at with a gun."
- ↑ a b c Rorie, Matthew Gamespot Gameguide Dead Rising, Gamespot
- ↑ a b (Russell, Brad), Dead Rising FAQ/Walkthrough, cheatcc.com (July 25, 2007)
- ↑ Are the cult members still in the theaters during this scoop?
- ↑ Dead Rising: Survivor List by Flash_103, GameFAQs (October 8, 2006).
- ↑ a b c Dead Rising: FAQ/Walkthrough by oceanshoreview, GameFAQs, (August 31, 2008).
- ↑ Paterson, J, Dead Rising: FAQ/Walkthrough by JPaterson, GameFAQs (October 8, 2006).