Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
|Survivor(s)|| Burt Thompson |
|Starts||Day 1, Sept. 19, 4 pm|
|Expires||Day 2, Sept. 20, 4 am|
|Weapon(s)||Baseball Bat (Burt)|
|Food|| Cookies (x2) |
|Otis's call||Somebody's barricaded a WOMEN'S CLOTHING SHOP in AL FRESCA PLAZA. From the looks of it, two people are hidin' inside.|
|Dead Rising Scoops|
- See also Scoops Day 1 Part 1 for a walk-through of this scoop and four others on day one.
Have Frank open the barricade.
Aaron is cowering in a corner, wailing and crying.
Burt immediately starts to attack Frank. Frank will need to hit Burt a few times to get him and Aaron to join Frank, with a weapon that is not too powerful. When Burt says "Dammit! Just what I needed! Another crazy person harassing me!" and the yellow talk Action Icons appears, Frank can then talk to Burt, convincing him that Frank is bringing them to safety, and lead him back to the Security Room. Aaron will automatically join Frank when Burt does.
Give Burt some of the health in the back and make sure both Burt and Aaron have a weapon. Note that when you give a survivor food, they drop the weapon and Frank needs to pick it up and give it to them again.
Burt: Dammit! Just what I needed! Another crazy person harassing me!
Burt: Shit! Just leave me alone you son of a bitch!
Frank: Knock it off ya little punk! I'm not here for a fight. Just listen to me!
Burt: You win! Do whatever you want talk to me...Kill me, whatever!
Frank: Listen to me. I came to help you guys. I can take you to someplace safe.
Burt: Shit! Why the hell didn't you just say that first! Get me the hell out of here already!Aaron: C'mon Burt! I wanna go to!
Accidentally killing BurtEdit
If they are not rescued or are abandoned, once activated, all survivors progressively lose health until they die, usually around 35 game minutes after Frank leaves them and goes to another load screen area.
Frank can wait to long to rescue Burt and Aaron, after Burt was activated (usually by walking to close to Weber's Garments) and Burt can have so little health, there is no way to beat Burt into joining Frank without killing Burt. Aaron will still join though.
If Frank kills Aaron, Burt will refuse to join and will continue to attack Frank. Even if Frank leaves the Al Fresca Plaza then returns shortly after, Burt will be waiting in the plaza to attack Frank.
Burt avenging Aaron
Burt: Shit! I ain't going anywhere with you.Burt: You think you can attack Aaron and get away with it!? Screw you!
A Mother's Lament ScoopEdit
A game hour after (5 minutes real time) Otis calls Frank about Barricade Pair, Otis will call Frank about A Mother's Lament scoop, which is across the walkway in the Riverfield Jewelry store where Frank will find Leah Stein. For any significant distance back to the security room, Frank will have to carry Leah on his back, so have Frank give Aaron and Burt a weapon so they can defend themselves.
Additional weapons and foodEdit
The following weapons are barricading the door:
- Benches (2)
- Cardboard Boxes (2) (often with Uncooked Pizza inside)
- Chairs (green) (2)
- Fence (2)
- Plywood Panel
- Steel Rack
The following are in the back corner of the store near Aaron Swoop:
- If Frank kills Burt, Aaron will still join. The time limit counter on the watch screen for both Burt and Aaron disappears.
- If Frank kills Aaron. The time limit counter on the watch screen for Burt (Barricade Pair A), does not disappear. Burt will not join, and will try to kill Frank.
Outside Weber GarmentsEdit
Inside Weber GarmentsEdit
Escorting survivors backEdit
- Restaurant Man another scoop where Ronald Shiner also barricades himself in a store.
- A Mother's Lament a scoop which takes place one hour after Barricade Pair, in the same plaza.
- ↑ Dead Rising Game Script, IGN, (January, 2009).
- ↑ Note this screenshot is of the Dead Rising Beta Version, so the furniture is different and Aaron is absent
- ↑ Dead Rising: Game Script, GameFAQs.com, (January 5, 2009).
- ↑ In this picture, at the same moment Barricade Pair expires on Day 2, September 20, 4:00 am, Otis calls five hours late for Shadow Of The North Plaza, illustrating the Eight survivor rule