Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|Type||Privately held company|
|Industry||Computer and video game industry|
|Headquarters||Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada|
|Key people||Rob Barrett (Blue Castle Games) (President)|
|Products||The BIGS, MLB Front Office Manager, The BIGS 2|
Blue Castle Games is a third party developer of video games. The company is the creator of several successful baseball sports video games, including The BIGS and The Bigs 2. Currently, they are working on Dead Rising 2. A Capcom staff member explained that Blue Castle was picked for Dead Rising 2 because they had an emulator to make more zombies on screen.
The company was formed on July 4, 2005 in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada by three core founders with thirty five years of combined video game experience. Starting with only twelve staff and one game (The BIGS), the company has grown to 170 people with 3 shipped titles. In February 2008, Blue Castle Games won the award for Best New Video Game Company at the 2008 Elan Awards for The BIGS, in a tie with another local Vancouver company. A wide number of developers in Blue Castle Games were formerly of EA Games.
Since the company’s inception, Blue Castle Games has shipped three products with multiple SKUs and is currently working on Dead Rising 2. According to one of their recruitment pages, Blue Castle is also working on "an unannounced Action project".
|Game Name||Publisher||Ship Date||Platforms|
|The Bigs||2K Sports||June 2007||PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360, and Wii|
|Major League Baseball Front Office Manager||2K Sports||January 2009||PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Personal computer|
|The Bigs 2||2K Sports||July 7 2009||PS2, PS3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360, and Wii|
|Dead Rising 2||Capcom||Under Development||PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Personal computer|
- ↑ a b c "Company Homepage". Blue Castle Games. Retrieved on 2008-09-10.
- ↑ Johnny Minkley (2008-11-07). "Blue Castle making Dead Rising 2".
- ↑ Brian Crecente (2008-07-09). "Dead Rising 2: Dead Rising 2 Set in Vegas?". Kotaku.
- ↑ "Blue Castle Games - Games under development". Blue Castle Games. Retrieved on 2008-09-10.
- ↑ Kollar, Phil. Special Edition Podcast: Dead Rising 2, gameinformer, (May 18, 2010).
- ↑ "2K Sports - The BIGS". 2K Sports. Retrieved on 2008-09-10.
- ↑ "2nd Annual ELANS Winners". ELAN Awards (2008-02-15).
- ↑ "unannounced Action project". Blue Castle Games (2010-05-27).