Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
|Case 8-4: The Butcher
|Location||Meat Processing Area|
|Psychopath||Larry Chiang and Carlito Keyes (incapacitated)|
|Starts||Immediately after Case 8-3: Jessie's Discovery|
|Dead Rising Cases|
Starts: Immediately after Case 8-3: Jessie's Discovery
The quickest way to the Meat Processing Area requires the Maintenance Tunnel Key - head down the stairs next to the Paradise Plaza restrooms and take the White Sedan. If Frank doesn't have the key, head out across the Leisure Park and use the Convertible.
Introduction to Larry cutsceneEdit
Walking into the Meat Processing Area, Frank finds Carlito being hung up on a conveyor by Larry Chiang, a Chinese butcher who is obsessed with his new source of fresh meat. He wants to grind Carlito up.
thumb|300px|right| Cutscene 39 - Larry the Butcher
Larry: (notices Frank) Ah, a customer.
Frank: That guy, over there... I-I mean, uh... that meat... um...
Larry: Oh? This is good meat, huh? I just got it in here. It's fresh.
Larry: You just wait right there, sir. In a moment, you can try the best ground meat you've ever tasted.
Frank: Whoa... Ground? Wait a minute. Listen. I had something else in mind...
Larry: Zombies are no good! I can't serve my customers spoiled meat like that. I... have a reputation to uphold! Trust me. I'm a butcher! I've got the best meat in town!
Carlito is dying, but still won't give up any information - and insists that his plan still hasn't been stopped. Just before he finally dies, he hands Frank a locket and asks him to deliver it to Isabela Keyes.
Frank: You're finished. It's over.
Carlito: What about Isabela?
Frank: She's on our side now. She's checking out your computer right now.
Carlito: My purpose in life... has been to get revenge for what you people did to Santa Cabeza... To my hometown. Why... Why was your meat so much more important to you than human life? Why... Why did my people have to die to feed your fat bellies?
Frank: That doesn't excuse what you've done! But I promise the Santa Cabeza story will be told... But I need the password. (shakes Carlito) Hey... Hey! Hey! Stay with me! Give me the computer's password!
Carlito: Hey... Aren't zombies great? I mean, all they do is eat, and eat, and eat. Growing in number... Just like you good red white and blue Americans. It's not over. Not yet...
Frank: (shakes Carlito) Speak! Speak, dammit! What do you mean "it's not over"!?
Carlito: I'm sorry, Isabela...
Carlito: Give this... to my sister...
Larry's Meat Cleaver will now reappear in this area like all the other unique boss weapons.
- The song during the battle with Larry is "On a Mission" by Hostile Groove.
- Larry is the last chance to achieve "Psycho Collector" and "Punisher" achievements.
- Carlito ironically dies in a meat locker when his crusade started over a project to create more meat for Americans.
- ↑ a b c Hall, Kevin. Dead Rising: Game Script by Berserker, GameFAQs, (January 5, 2009).
- ↑ a b c d Dead Rising: Saint Achievement Walkthrough by Yuka Takeuchi Fan, GameFAQs, (December 17, 2009).
- ↑ a b c Dead Rising Featured Guide, Cheat Happens.
- ↑ Dead Rising Compilation of FAQs and Guides, Xbox.com.
- ↑ a b Walkthrough - Dead rising guide, cheatsguru.com.
- ↑ Off, Greg (August 7, 2006). Dead Rising Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames. , p. 96
- ↑ Russell, Brad, Dead Rising FAQ/Walkthrough, cheatcc.com (July 25, 2007)
- ↑ Dead Rising Walkthrough Strategy Guide, Lunabean.com.
- ↑ Paterson, J, Dead Rising: FAQ/Walkthrough by JPaterson, GameFAQs (October 8, 2006).
- ↑ Dead Rising: FAQ/Walkthrough by oceanshoreview, GameFAQs, (August 31, 2008).
- ↑ Rorie, Matthew Gamespot Gameguide Dead Rising, Gamespot