Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dead Rising 2 | Table of Contents
|Dead Rising 2 Prestige Points|
- completing missions and cases,
- rescuing survivors,
- killing zombies and enemies,
- using Combo Weapons to kill zombies,
- performing certain bonus actions,
- using skills to kill zombies.
Prestige Point Gauge and leveling upEdit
The PP Gauge is just underneath Chuck's Life Bar. It displays the amount of prestige points Chuck currently has. As Chuck gains more prestige points, the gauge fills. When it fills completely, his level increases by one.
Level increase benefitsEdit
A level increase gives Chuck:
- more life,
- better attack strength,
- more inventory space,
- new skills,
- throwing distance increase,
- faster running speed,
- combo cards
Leveling up listEdit
In Dead Rising 2: Case Zero Chuck can reach up to level 5, which is carried over into Dead Rising 2. Below is a list of Prestige Points required to attain the next level and the cumulative amount of Prestige Points needed to reach each level.
Chuck's current status Edit
To check on Chuck's current level, skills available, and prestige points, pause the game by pressing and select status from the pause menu.
Quickly gain prestige pointsEdit
The quickest way to increase Chuck's level is with the boomstick's heavy attack, which is stabbing and lifting zombies into the air. It yields 2,500 Prestige points per kill, so perform the heavy attack often to get a lot of Prestige Points in a short time. Chuck can keep remaking the weapon at a maintenance table.
In comparison, having a Case Zero survivor join Chuck is only worth up to 2,000 prestige points and successfully escorting a survivor is worth up to a maximum of 3,500 prestige points.
Prestige points for rescuing survivorsEdit
As Chuck progresses, the prestige point amount for each survivor increases.
Special Prestige Point Bonus TableEdit
|Bonus Name||Description||Store||PP Bonus||Repeatable||PP Total|
|Stove Used Bonus||Heat up a Pan on a Stove|| The Dirty Drink||1,000||No|
|Standee||Pose in Standee||Fortune Park - next toTIR Souvenir Kiosk||No|
Gifts for KateyEdit
Chuck can bring Katey certain items as gifts for prestige points. There are a total of 11 gifts that Chuck can give to Katey. The first gift will merit the "Father of the Month" achievement and giving all 11 will merit the "Father of the year" achievement. The gifts (and images of a location for them) are listed below in no particular order.
- Prestige Points are rewarded to chuck for giving Katey gifts. The only exception to this is Snowflake, who will reward you 5,000 PP for "giving" her to Katie (along with a special message), but also gives you "rescue" PP for just bringing Snowflake to the safe house.
- It is possible to go from level 1 to level 6 JUST from gifting items to Katey (no Zombie killing required).
|Screen shots of leveling up for one playthrough of Case Zero|
- ↑ Alucadrian, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero: Levelling Guide, GameFAQs, (September 6, 2010).
- ↑ even after reaching level 5, the prestige points bar will continue to fill again as normal until Chuck reaches 110,000 PP, though nothing in particular happens at that point as Chuck can only reach level 6 and beyond in the full version of Dead Rising 2.
- ↑ Hall, Kevin. Dead Rising 2: Case 0 Walkthrough, IGN, (September 6, 2010).
- Alucadrian, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero: Levelling Guide, GameFAQs, (September 6, 2010). Best guide on leveling up.