Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
- For 235 infinity mode photos, see the Image Gallery
Infinity Mode is a mode of game-play that becomes available after completing Overtime Mode. In Infinity Mode, the objective is keep Frank alive for as long as possible.
- Food/Drink items in the mall do not respawn. Seon's Food & Stuff is shuttered. The Maintenance Tunnels door lock to Seon's is broken.
- There is no save game ability.
- Frank's watch and camera are inaccessible
- Psychopaths and Survivors appear at different locations than during 72 Hour Mode, and will all attack Frank. Killing them will reward Frank with food and weapons.
- Cardboard Boxes and Garbage Cans never have food in them.
The 5 day and 7 day survivor achievements are only unlockable in Infinity Mode.
Frank's health will decrease by one box every 100 real-time seconds or one minute and 40 seconds. One Box of health is equal to 20 Game Minutes. Frank, with the full twelve blocks of life, will lose all of his health and die in 20 real minutes. (four game hours)
The Prestige Point meter that was once told how much PP Frank needed to gain a level in other modes will now slowly decrease. The PP bar displays the current remaining percentage of Frank's "current" block of health, i.e. the block will become white when the PP bar empties.
The PP meter will help to tell you how much longer Frank's current block of life will last before it disappears. Once the meter finishes all the way, Frank will lose a health block and then the meter will start to drop again for another health block.
|Real Time||1 sec.||5 sec.||25 sec.||50 sec.||1 min.||1.4 min.||3 min.||4 min.||5 min.||20 min.||1 Hour||2 hours||10 hours||14 hours||24 hours||34 hours 35 minutes|
|Game Time||12 sec.||1 min.||5 min.||10 min.||12 min.||20 min.||36 min.||48 min.||1 Hour||4 Hours||12 hours||1 Day||5 days||7 days||12 days||17 days 7 hours|
|Life boxes consumed||0.01||0.05||0.25||0.5||0.6||1||1.8||2.4||3||12||36||72||360||504||864||1245|
Don't eat any food until you have all three books!
- There are three different health books located around Willamette Parkview Mall, each increasing the ability for food to heal, allowing Frank to last longer:
|Survival||Empty room next to Crislip's Home Saloon||North Plaza||100% increase||Head to the North Plaza door in the Leisure Park , enter and go straight on|
|Health 2||The Sinister Read (E201)||Entrance Plaza||50% increase||Near the entrance of the Willamette Mall|
|Health 1||Sir Book-A-Lot (W204)||Wonderland Plaza||50% increase||Where Frank finds the Japanese tourists in the 72 Hour Mode|
- The Cooking book in Everyone Luvs Books in Entrance Plaza will double the effect time of the smoothies in 72 hour mode, however it has no affect in infinity mode, as it affects only the juice Frank blends while holding the book.
There are two distinct sources of food in the Mall:
- Mall Food: Food that's just sitting around in the mall
- Psychopath/Survivor Food: Food dropped by psychopaths and survivors when Frank kills them
Food dropped by Psychopaths and Survivors appears in revolving cardboard boxes. These cardboard boxes burst open and expel their contents up and out into the air only when Frank approaches them. (If a box opens when it's near a railing, there's a good chance that at least some of its contents will go over the railing.) Before the box has opened, food items that it contains do not thaw or spoil. Boxes dropped by psychopaths and survivors, or the items found therein, will disappear if Frank leaves the area.
Psychopaths usually drop around seven blocks worth of food, and survivors usually drop around one block worth of food.
|Rooftop||Paradise Plaza||Cabbage||Along the wall, next to the area leading up the air duct.|
|Rooftop||Paradise Plaza||Cabbage||In the far corner, after the warehouse door, on a drum.|
|Warehouse||Paradise Plaza||Squash (x2)||First: The first crate next to the elevator.|
Second: On the second floor catwalk, near the second floor door, turn right and it will be near the wall at the end of the catwalk right next to a stepladder.
|Kid's Choice Clothing||Paradise Plaza||Orange Juice||Behind the counter.|
|Colombian Roastmasters||Paradise Plaza||Orange Juice (x2)||On the floor next to the Orange Juice cooler.|
|Colombian Roastmasters||Paradise Plaza||Pie (x2)||On the middle the counter.|
|Jill's Sandwiches||Paradise Plaza||Baguette||At the end of the counter.|
|Jill's Sandwiches||Paradise Plaza||Baguette||On the counter.|
|Jill's Sandwiches||Paradise Plaza||Orange Juice||On the floor behind the register.|
|Colby’s Movieland Concession counter||Paradise Plaza||Coffee Creamer||Behind the counter, below the drinks dispenser|
|Colby’s Movieland Concession counter||Paradise Plaza||Snack (x2)||Near the counter.|
|Colby’s Movieland Cinema 2||Paradise Plaza||Coffee Creamer||Front of the screen, left side.|
|Colby’s Movieland Cinema 2||Paradise Plaza||Pie||Front of the screen, left side.|
|Colby’s Movieland Cinema 3||Paradise Plaza||Baguette||In the middle of the seating area.|
|Colby’s Movieland Cinema 3||Paradise Plaza||Coffee Creamer||In the middle of the seating area.|
|Colby’s Movieland Cinema 5||Paradise Plaza||Cabbage||Next to the screen, to the left of the Mannequin.|
|Main hall floor||Entrance Plaza||Orange Juice||In the middle of the plaza next to the benches, baseball bat, and garbage can.|
|Rafael's Shoes||E107||Entrance Plaza||Grapefruit||Behind the counter.|
|Gramma's Kids||E105||Entrance Plaza||Snack||On the tiny table.|
|Kicks For Her||E208||Entrance Plaza||Orange Juice||Behind the counter.|
|In the Closet||E214||Entrance Plaza||Apple||In the backroom.|
|In the Closet||E214||Entrance Plaza||Yogurt||In the back room.|
|Women's Lib||E204||Entrance Plaza||Snack||In front of the counter.|
|Emerald's||E217||Entrance Plaza||Orange Juice||Behind the middle counter.|
|Colombian Roastmasters||Al Fresca Plaza||Milk||On the back counter|
|Colombian Roastmasters||Al Fresca Plaza||Pie (x3)||On the front counter.|
|Hamburger Fiefdom||Al Fresca Plaza||Orange Juice (x3)||Under the juice machine.|
|Riverfield Jewelry||Al Fresca Plaza||Cookies||Behind the third counter.|
|Flexin’||Al Fresca Plaza||Milk||On the back green padded seat next to the set of dumbbells.|
|McHandy's Hardware||Al Fresca Plaza||Cookies||Behind the counter, next to the cardboard box on the right.|
|Frozen Dreams||Food Court||Milk||Behind the counter|
|Frozen Dreams||Food Court||Yogurt||On the counter.|
|Meaty's Burgers||Food Court||Baguette||On the counter next to the oven.|
|Central Tacos||Food Court||Corn (x2)||Behind the counter, next to the stacked boxes.|
|Chris' Fine Foods||Food Court||Wine (x4)||On or behind the counter|
|That's A Spicy Meatball!||Food Court||Zucchini (x2)||On the floor next to the stove.|
|Wonder Jewels||Wonderland Plaza||Apple (x2)||In the back, on the middle table, on the floor next to the table|
|Beautification||Wonderland Plaza||Grapefruit||On the roof of the kiosk.|
|The Lens Zen||Wonderland Plaza||Apple||In the back, along the wall.|
|Lovely Fashion House||Wonderland Plaza||Snack||2nd fitting room|
|Lovely Fashion House||Wonderland Plaza||Yogurt||On the counter|
|Abandoned store where Frank rescued David Bailey||North Plaza||Coffee Creamer||In the abandoned store where you rescued David in the "Shadow of the North Plaza" scoop. At the edge of the carpet.|
|Abandoned store where Frank rescued David Bailey||North Plaza||Melon||In the abandoned store where you rescued David in the "Shadow of the North Plaza" scoop. At the edge of the carpet.|
|CD Crazy||North Plaza||Milk||Near the entrance to the check out counter|
|Crislip's Home Saloon||North Plaza||Japanese Radish||On the counter, as you enter.|
|Crislip's Home Saloon||North Plaza||Orange||Behind the counter as you enter|
|Empty Store with Isabela before||N102||North Plaza||Wine (x2)||On the blue tarp. Empty Store with Isabela before in 72 Hour Mode.|
|Leisure Park||Leisure Park||Cookies (x3)||Next to one of the benches to the south of North Plaza. Look for the circular area on the map in the north section of the park.|
|Leisure Park||Leisure Park||Snack||Next to one of the benches to the south of North Plaza. Look for the circular area on the map in the north section of the park.|
|Leisure Park||Leisure Park||Apple||Stand at the bottom of the middle section of the stairs that lead to North Plaza and face south. Walk south to a tree to the east that has a rock below it on the tree's south side. Look up into the tree to find an orange on the west branch. Throw the rock up into the tree to knock the apple down. See apples.|
|Leisure Park||Leisure Park||Apple||In the far west of the park, near the brick wall, look up into the tree with a rock near it to find yet another apple on one of the branches.
You cannot shoot the apples, you must throw something at both of them to get them down. If the apple doesn't fall out of the tree after you hit it once then it is probably stuck. These apples need to be hit at a good angle for them to fall to the ground. Aim slightly above the apple with the targeting item. See apples.
|Leisure Park||Leisure Park||Apple||Coming out of the Food Court there are 3 paved paths to take, take the middle. Go to near where that path meets the other and to the right should be 2 trees with rocks below them, the apple is in one of those.|
|Maintenance Tunnel||Maintenance Tunnel||Milk||Below the Al Fresca Plaza area, near a bomb truck|
|Maintenance Tunnel||Maintenance Tunnel||Milk||Below the Wonderland Plaza area, near a truck|
|Meat Processing Area||Maintenance Tunnel||Milk (x2)||Middle back table, table across from the entrance and the table near the steam tables|
|Maintenance Tunnel Warehouse||Maintenance Tunnel||Milk||In the back of the room with the Maintenance Tunnel key in 72 hour mode, on the right set of boxes.|
- For 235 more photos, with most of the people listed below, see Infinity_Mode/Image_Gallery
Highlighted sections are psychopaths and zombie Dr Barnaby, who gives more food than average.
Survivors and psychopaths appear and disappear at the same time three times each day: 00:00, 07:00, 19:00. Survivors, except for zombie Dr. Russell Barnaby, have one food item when killed. Psychopaths give three food items.
Survivors always remain for only one period and never appear a second time.
Paradise Plaza by far has the most survivors and psychopaths, 39 in total. Compared to:
- North Plaza 13
- Entrance Plaza 13
- Wonderland Plaza 7
- Al Fresa Plaza 7
- Leisure Park 2
The battles with the psychopaths are similar, except there are also zombies in the area also who attack everyone. There are zombies on the heliport, rooftop and starting on day four in the security room. There are no zombies in the Maintenance Tunnel Warehouse.
Similar to 72 Hour Mode, the convicts appear every day at midnight in Leisure Park. DO NOT engage them if you can help it because none of the three carry ANY food and the Heavy Machinegun causes significant damage.
List of psychopaths and survivorsEdit
- For 235 more photos, with most of the people listed below, see Infinity_Mode/Image_Gallery
There are 91 opportunities to defeat people for food. From 08:00:00 and beyond, there are no people.
Survivors not in Infinity ModeEdit
- Brad Garrison - Zombie.
- Connie - Mom from opening cutscene.
- Dakota - Daughter from opening cutscene.
- Ed DeLuca - Helicopter pilot.
- Freddie May - One of the 11 people in the Entrance Plaza before the zombies break in.
- James - Survivor killed by Cletus.
- Jessie - Non-zombie.
- Madonna - Poodle.
- Mark Quemada - One of the 11 people in the Entrance Plaza before the zombies break in.
- Dr. Russell Barnaby - Non-zombie.
- Sid - This is the person Sophie is with during the Prisoner cutscene in 72 hour mode.
- It is possible to just gather a lot of food and hide in several places.
- Entrance Plaza Safe Zones:
- Ned's Knicknackery. Shut the door behind Frank.
- Wallington's. In the back, there's a door to a small, closed in room.
- Everyone Luvs Books. Shut the door behind Frank.
- Should Everyone Luvs Books be broke and filled with zombies, Frank can still wait on top of the bookcases.
- The Sinister Read. Wait on top of the bookcases.
- The area between the inner and outer main doors at the mall entrance (Must be cleared of zombies and have the inner shutter barricaded)
- The Palm Trees. Go to the 2nd floor and use Zombie Ride to jump on one of the trees (One of them also has a Sub-machine Gun on it, see Sub-machine Gun).
- On top of any of the advertisement posters in the first floor's hallway.
- Al Fresca Plaza Safe Zones
- Food Court Safe Zones. IMPORTANT: DO NOT LEAVE OR ENTER THE FOOD COURT ON DAY FOUR OR YOUR GAME WILL FREEZE
- Wonderland Plaza Safe Zones
- The Space Rider - mall power must be on.
- On top of the north lego house - has a sub-machine gun on it - jump from the space rider.
- Sir Book-A-Lot. Wait on top of the bookcases.
- On top of the south lego house near the giant soccer ball. Climb up on the railing or do zombie ride to reach it.
- On top of either giant soccer ball.
- On top of the roof of either jewelry kiosk located in the open area in the center. Get on top from the glass case next to the cash register.
- North Plaza Safe Zones
- Any of the scaffolds, but check first for zombies.
- Huntin' Shack. Shut the door behind Frank.
- Empty Store (N102) (Where Frank meets Isabela in 72 Hour Mode). Shut the door behind Frank.
- Empty Store with the survival book. Shut the door behind Frank.
- On top of the round CD display in CD Crazy
- Crislip's Home Saloon. On top of any shelf.
- Seon's Food & Stuff (inaccessible during Infinity Mode). On top of any shelf. The Pharmaceutical Office. Shut the door behind Frank.
- Paradise Plaza Safe Zones
- Colby's Movieland Safe Zones
- Behind the concessions stand/ticket booth.[Verification needed]
- Theater Rooms One to Five. Shut the door behind Frank.
- Warehouse. On top of any of the shelves.
- Rooftop. Raised walkway to the air shaft entrance.[Verification needed]
- On top of the entrance.
- On giant air units behind the entrance.
- Behind the yellow fence.
- Security Room Safe Zones
- There are no zombies in the entire area before Day 4
- Day 4 onwards just clear out any single room and close all of the doors.
- Meat Processing Area Safe Zones
- On top of the fridge next to the steam tables.
- Leisure Park Safe Zones. Note: If the Convicts are around, go somewhere else.
- On top of any of the Shelters. Use Zombie Ride or jump precisely from corner.
- The Raincoat Cultist Hideout is inaccessible during Infinity Mode.
- Entrance Plaza Safe Zones:
Since Frank's watch is unavailable, clocks are much more important in infinity mode. Keep in mind that everytime Frank walks into another area with a load screen, the current time will be shown.
- Al Fresca Plaza
- Entrance Plaza
- Entrance Plaza - Giant inflated bee on a ball at entrance
- Ned's Knicknackery - Entrance Plaza- Two Grandfather Clocks
- The Distinguished Gentleman - Entrance Plaza - Clock on wall.
- The Sinister Read, Entrance Plaza - Grandfather Clock
- Paradise Plaza
- Security Room, Paradise Plaza - Video Surveillance Room above the green couch
- Hallway, Paradise Plaza - Big White Post with the bird on it
- Universe Of Optics, Paradise Plaza - behind the counter
- Leisure Park
- Leisure Park - Clock Tower - Can use a Sniper Rifle to read the clock
- Wonderland Plaza
After 5 days survival, Frank will get a "Achievement Unlocked" message. Frank can immediately pick up the Laser Sword in the security room in the corner, next to the Real Mega Buster if it was unlocked. The laser sword is available immediately, Frank does not have to wait to complete infinity mode.
To retain the laser sword for other games:
- Frank MUST die and save the game.
If you turn off the game instead of dying, the laser sword will be lost.
To keep the sword, you do not have to wait until day 7 to die and save the game.
Surviving 7 days unlocks Arthur's Boxers. Arthur's Boxers are the same boxers with red hearts that Arthur wears in the Ghosts 'n Goblins and Ghouls N' Ghosts games. Like all of the clothing, the boxers have no special powers.
|When Frank dies, a end screen appears, telling the player how long he survived. Players have calculated how long Frank can survive: up to 17 Days 7 Hours, which is 34 hours 35 minutes real time.
Upon Frank's death, if Frank is standing on certain elevated platforms, the death animation will be interrupted as Frank falls to the floor, and can add 1 minute to Frank's final time.
- While Dead Rising 2 does not currently have an Infinity Mode, there remains the possibility that Capcom will offer it later on as downloadable content or as part of a patch update.[Verification needed]
- Lindsay Harris's box produces 3 bags of dog food, which is fitting considering her fanatical love for Madonna.
- There is one of the four bags of dog food below the heliport when Lindsay Harris body is on this large "H" on the helicopter pad. After Frank leaves the heliport, the pet food disappears with Lindsay. It is believed these colors indicate the outcome of the Randomizer juices from Cliff for that particular play through, which has the potential to come up as one of 7 effects - Spitfire, Zombait, Energizer, Quickstep, Nectar, Untouchable, or Cramps. A few of us have noted the color of the pet food bag on Day 2 and then compared that to the Randomizer's effect on Day 8 and beyond, and there's enough evidence to suggest that possibility. It is unknown whether new items appear with other psychopaths and survivors also.
- There are new cardboard boxes in several stores.
- Usually when Adam or Paul is killed, there is no cardboard box afterwards. This is because they were killed by their own weapon, such as Adam's poison balloon or Paul's Molotov.
- There is no cardboard box if a person is killed by a zombie.
- If Frank is out of reach for the survivor, the survivor will begin attacking zombies instead, running significant distances to find and kill a zombie.
- Camera 2 which is normally given to Frank after defeating Kent Swanson in Photographer's Pride is found behind the counter of Bachman's Bookporium. But since Frank does not have a working camera, this book is useless.
- Occasionally food will jump out of the cardboard boxes and be unreachable.
- In infinity mode, survivors can jump on bookcases and other locations which zombies cannot.
- Frank cannot use the Delivery Truck that he kills Carlito in.
- The Prestige Point Stickers are gone.
- 03:00:00 to 05:00:00 and 0:7:00:00 onwards have no psychopaths
- The special music for each psychopath does not play in infinity mode, this includes the convicts.
- For over 280 photos, see the Image Gallery for Infinity Mode
- ↑ The convicts are not included, the Halls are included as three, and every time Carlito appears, he is counted as one.
- ↑ a b Lindsay and Susan are already dead when you enter the room
- ↑ Also weapons same as scoop
- ↑ Carlito's Special Machine Gun is not collectible, it stays in Carlito's hand
- ↑ Carlito Keyes retreated after losing half his health.
- ↑ playxbox360.choitoippuku.com
- ↑ Sally is BEHIND the entrance.
- ↑ If Frank has no firearm, use the Sub-machine Gun in the fountain
- ↑ Previously listed as Riverfield Jewelry also, but found Tonya in Brand New U.
- ↑ Day 4 sniper Carlito only appears if day 2 sniper Carlito hasn't been killed.
- ↑ Alyssa does not move from her location
- ↑ Alyssa's cardboard box has the ceremonial sword
- ↑ See the image gallery. The room with the yellow door has zombie cops (4). The room with the pink door has Hawaiian shirt hunting knife zombies (5). The other two rooms have a variety of other zombies.
- ↑ If Frank runs quickly to Brian, he will be inside Modern Businessman, otherwise he is being attacked by a mob of zombies outside of Modern Businessman.
- ↑ Warning: By this point in the game Al Fresca Plaza is deep in zombies
- ↑ Barnaby is a Zombie, and as such, doesn't have a green nameplate like the other survivors and psychos. Barnaby should spawn near the blue umbrella. He is easy to find, just kill all the zombies by the railing.
- ↑ Jo has all of the same three weapons she does during Above The Law: The Hand Gun, Stun Gun, and Nightstick
- ↑ a b The Big List Of Who, What, When, and Where for Dead Rising, Newcenstein.
- ↑ DrNewcenstein, Marked Fortune City map, capcom-unity.com, (August 27, 2010).
- ↑ DrNewcenstein, Marked Fortune City map, capcom-unity.com, (August 27, 2010).
- Hall, Kevin. Dead Rising Infinity Mode FAQ, IGN, (September 8, 2008).
- Hall, Kevin. Infinity Mode Tips/mini-FAQ, IGN,(August 21, 2006).
- DrNewcenstein's Non-Confrontational 5 & 7 Day Survivor Guide for Dead Rising, Newcenstein.
- The Big List Of Who, What, When, and Where for Dead Rising, Newcenstein. Source of much of this material.
- Dr. Newcenstein's Ultimate Dead Rising Infinite Mode Survival Guide for getting 17 Days 7 Hours, Newcenstein. Day to day walk through.
- West, Matthew. Dead Rising: Infinite Mode Survival Guide, Gamefaqs, (December 20, 2006). Including safe spots.
- 7 Day Infinity Mode FAQ, IGN, (August 21, 2006). Lists many of the weapons and food people drop.