Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
|Introduction (Entrance Plaza)|
|Dead Rising Cases|
- This is the second article about the Dead Rising introduction, for the first, see Introduction (helicopter ride) and the last, Introduction (Love Lasts a Lifetime).
Landing on the mall roofEdit
Frank spots a Heliport on the rooftop of the Willamette Mall and asks the pilot Ed to drop him here and come back to get him in three days. Before the helicopter can touch down, three military choppers appear and attempt to push the helicopter away from the mall. Ed gets close enough for Frank to jump out before flying off.
thumb|300px|right|Cutscene 2 - Helicopter Dropoff
Frank: Hey! Can you get me on the rooftop of that mall?
Ed: You gotta be kiddin' me? Awww... man. You are nuts.
Frank: Alright, listen... Don't forget to come back for me!
Ed: As long as you're not dead, Fred.
Frank: It's Frank... Frank West. Remember that name cause the whole world's gonna know it in three days when I get the scoop.
Ed: Huh? Woah!
Ed: I know I'm gonna get my butt chewed out for this one. We're goin' down!
Franks meets CarlitoEdit
Carlito welcomes Frank
thumb|300px|right|Cutscene 3 - Carlito's first appearance
Carlito: Hello there! You're the reporter aren't you?
Frank: Yeah... uh...
Carlito: You came... alone?
Frank: Yeah! I'm freelance. You know... Go into the battlefield alone... No crew. So, uh... What's goin' on around here anyway?
Carlito: You came by helicopter didn't you? What did you see from the sky?
Frank: Well... If it were just a riot... I doubt the military would quarantine the entire area. The moratorium on information getting out is a little... extreme... in my opinion. There's uh... Somethin' else I can't put my finger on. Doesn't sound like civil disobedience... It's too quiet.
Carlito: Hmm, he, he, he. Almost as if... everyone's already dead.
Frank: Yeah... So, why don't you just tell me already? What's goin' on?Carlito: I think you'd better see for yourself. This, my friend... is hell!
Security Room Edit
After speaking with Carlito, head through the gray doorway to Carlito's right and go down the stairs to the mall's Security Room.
At the bottom of the stairs is a green couch where you can save your game when the "save" action icon appears.
The Security Room is comprised of a set of smaller rooms. For the duration of the game, this area is a safe house where Frank can return Survivors and get a temporary respite from the zombies in the mall. At the moment, all the secondary rooms are empty and devoid of any useful items.
Walk through the red door at the end of the small hallway, which is labeled "Janitor's Room" on the glass.
Then walk through the yellow security room door.
Walk through the door on the right marked "Staff Only."
Warning on door to Entrance Plaza hallway.
Zombie breach in Entrance PlazaEdit
|thumb|300px|right|Cutscene 4 - Madonna||thumb|300px|right|Cutscene 5 - Zombies|
Building the barricadeEdit
Inside Entrance Plaza, there are more survivors barricading the
front entrance to keep the zombies out. The leader of the group, an older man named Ryan LaRosa, informs Frank about the zombies and orders Frank to help by gathering large items for the barricade in the back.
If Frank approaches each of the eleven survivors, he can listen in on their conversations.
Walk toward the back of the Entrance Plaza near the gate, where there is a pile of furniture for the barricade.
Introduction to Dr. BarnabyEdit
Before Frank picks anything up for the barricade, an old man on the other side of a shutter yells at Frank, but Frank doesn't have any time to respond as the crazy old woman opens the main doors to get to her dog, letting the zombies into the mall. A man shows up on the floor above and orders everyone to run and follow him to safety.
thumb|300px|right|Cutscene 6 - A Crazy Old Man
Barnaby: You! Stop right there. Do you have any idea what you've done. Why did you summon me to this place!? What are you planning!?
Frank: Will you calm down! I don't even know what you're talking about!
Frank: What the-?
Video of the cutscene. thumb|300px|right|Cutscene 7 - Zombies Breach
Lindsay: Madonna! My Madonna is out there! Ohhhhhh!
Freddie: What are you thinking?
Chris: Knock it off!
Lindsay: Wait, baby! I'm saving you baby. Wait for me sweetie! Madonna! Madonna!
Brad: What in the hell are you people doing!? Run! Quick! Move! Get over here! Everyone! Move this way! Quick! To the stairs! Mooooove!
Running to the stairsEdit
- Further information: Weapons, which explains how to fight.
As soon as the cutscene ends, grab as many of the food and smaller one hand weapons that Frank can hold, and start running through the horde of undead to either staircase.
- Run along the walls, because there are often less zombies along the walls.
- As Frank approaches a zombie, Frank can jump to avoid being grabbed.
- Focus on running to the stairs instead of killing zombies. Frank is weak at the start of the game and there are too many zombies which will quickly surround Frank.
- Frank cannot kill all the zombies because the zombies will continue to respawn when Frank moves away from a section of the entrance.
- None of the eleven survivors are savable.
Return to the security roomEdit
Frank is introduced the main characters here, Otis Washington, Brad, and Jessie. The entrance plaza door is blow torched shut, and will not be reopened until 10am, September 22, the last two hours of 72 Hour Mode.
Introduction to Otis and Jessie
thumb|300px|right|Cutscene 8 - Otis the Janitor
Brad: Where are the others?
Frank: I don't know. I hope they got away.
Brad: As long as those things are in the mall, we better not use this door.
Frank: Uh, what are you doing?
Brad: The air ducts. They'll get us back into the mall. And apparently, those things aren't smart enough to use the ducts. So they won't be a factor.
Frank: Wait a minute... You want to get back in there? What for?
Frank: Hey! Hey!
Jessie: Nice camera... Are you a photographer?
Frank: As a matter of fact, I am. Frank West, photojournalist.
Jessie: Could you show me some pictures Frank?
Frank: You really seem to know what you're doing.
Jessie: Who are you guys, anyway?
Frank: And what are you...
Frank: I took that one near the entrance. That guy do something?
Jessie: Nope. Thanks for showing me though.
Frank: Hey, we're not done talking yet. Just who are you guys?
Jessie: I'm Jessie. The man you saw earlier is Brad. That's all I'm authorized to tell you.
Frank can save his game on the green couch, before leaving through the airduct to the rooftop.
Frank loses all his healthEdit
Frank awakes on the security room couch
Continue to the next article in the walk through, Introduction (Love Lasts A Lifetime).
- Before the zombies breach the mall, Frank can walk up the stairs and explore the entire Entrance Plaza, although all the shops are locked and there are no additional items to pick up.
- In the cutscene, Ryan LaRosa is seen carrying a small propane tank, but there is no propane tank outside of the cutscene.
- Frank can push Ryan LaRosa away from the door so that his hand is not on the glass anymore, but it is still up.
Rescuing Alan and KathyEdit
When the zombie breach occurs, Kathy will slowly stumble to the stairs with Alan following her. Alan and Kathy can get up the stairs past the zombies, but their profiles will still show dead when Frank returns to the security room.
- Introduction (helicopter ride) first article on the introduction.
- Introduction (Love Lasts a Lifetime) last article on the introduction.
- ↑ a b Off, Greg (August 7, 2006). Dead Rising Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames. , p. 33
- ↑ a b c d e Dead Rising: Game Script, GameFAQs.com, (January 5, 2009).
- ↑ Off, Greg (August 7, 2006). Dead Rising Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames. , p. unknown
- ↑ a b Off, Greg (August 7, 2006). Dead Rising Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames. , p. 34
- ↑ Mike, Dead Rising Walkthrough Intro, Visual Walkthroughs, (November 26, 2006).
- ↑ Off, Greg (August 7, 2006). Dead Rising Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames. , p. 35
- ↑ Dead Rising Featured Guide, Cheat Happens.