Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
To retain the laser sword for other games:
- Frank MUST die and save the game.
If you turn off the game instead of dying, the laser sword will be lost.
To keep the sword, you do not have to wait until day 7 to die and save the game.
Several guides consider the laser sword the strongest melee weapon in the game. It kills most psychopaths in one shot, and it kills the hardiest of psychopaths in two. For example, two hits will kill Larry Chiang the butcher and one hit will kill Otis Washington in infinity mode. It has 300 hits, like the Real Mega Buster, with excellent damage. It has exactly the same attack strength as the Real Mega Buster.
This weapon has the exact same attack style as the katana but with extended range and rather than slicing zombies in half it merely dismembers limbs or heads.
Holding the “X” button will expand the sword for a few seconds.
If using the double lariat skill:
- Hold down and press , and the sword will expand into an extraordinary length (ten to fifteen feet), Frank will turn with the sword in circles, killing many of the zombies nearby. Be prepared to recollect the weapon afterward since Frank will hurl the sword as soon as he finishes spinning.
- The Laser sword shaft is not seen in mirrors.
- Adam MacIntyre can't block the hold laser sword attack.
- The Real Mega Buster and Laser Sword rotate the Servbot Head in Paradise Plaza's Child's Play almost exactly 1.5 times, the most of any weapon.
- ↑ Walkthrough - Dead rising guide, cheatsguru.com.
- ↑ Dead Rising: Items Guide by JungleFender, GameFAQs, (March 23, 2008).
- ↑ a b Dead Rising: Saint Achievement Walkthrough by Yuka Takeuchi Fan, GameFAQs, (December 17, 2009).
- ↑ Rising Infinity Mode FAQ, IGN, (September 8, 2008). "The Laser Sword is the most powerful melee weapon in the game"
- ↑ a b West, Matthew.[http:// www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/928326-dead-rising/faqs/44394 Dead Rising - Infinite Mode Strategy Guide], GameFAQs, (December 20, 2006).