Dead Rising 2 | Table of Contents
|Please help improve this article by expanding it.|
This combo weapon has been described as:
- "It's basically a light saber, but don't let the lawyers at Lucas Arts known that. Although a bit slow to wield, the light saber deals out tons of damage and can take out a crowd of zombies in a single slice."
Tape It Or Die blogger Johnny Kilpatrick (Johnny Pipes) came up with the idea of the laser sword. This was during the Fortune City outbreak, while the four bloggers were hiding in the backroom of KokoNutz Sports Town. Kilpatrick blogged:
- "Today wasn't a good day, it was a great day. And that's because Johnny Pipes actually bent the laws of physics themselves!"
- "I'm not a movie guy. Barely ever see them. Too much time wasted when you could be creating. But Lefty is a sci-fi geek. Actually, he's an everything geek. But that includes sci-fi. So he's always talking about how cool it would be to make a laser sword. Like, a sword made out of light. I tell him to do it already! He says it's impossible. You can't have light stop at a certain point. And you can't make have tangible aspects."
- "That sounds like a challenge to me!"
- "So I asked Lefty how such a sword is made. He said you need a light emitter and some kind of crystal. Light emitter was easy enough. There are flashlights all over the place. Little bit of rewiring should make them more potent. The crystal was a bit trickier. I tried looking for one of those hippie stores. The ones where they sell geodes and stuff like that. Couldn't find one. So, I had to make due. Got some jewelry instead. Took some of the gems out of the rings and earrings. Found a real good one. I stuck that in my modified flashlight, and bam! Mission complete!"
- The Laser Sword will not break the power drill in Case 3-2: Run for the Money, however it CAN break ATMs and widow glass.
- ↑ Frushtick, Russ. 'Dead Rising 2' Combo Weapons Guide - Duct Tape Is Your Friend, MTV. (August 31, 2010).
- ↑ Kilpatrick, Johnny. I've Got a Beautiful Feeling! Everything's Going My Way!, Tape It Or Die, (September 17, 2010).