Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
- Picture redirects here, for the picture frame, see painting. For more on photography, see also Photo Challenge.
Frank's camera garners him Prestige Points (PP), which makes him stronger, faster and gives him more skills and moves.
Franks's camera only has enough battery power to take 30 pictures and must recharge for approximately three seconds between each shot.
Camera battery rechargeEdit
Frank can recharge his camera battery at:
- Cam's Camera in Paradise Plaza
- Pearly White's Photo in North Plaza
- Philo's Photos in Wonderland Plaza
Prestige Points are awarded based on the action happening in the photograph. There genres that deliver maximum Prestige Points include:
- Brutality (carnage),
- Erotica (sexual photos),
- Horror (a lot of zombies in the photograph, dead or alive),
- Outtake (humorous moments, such as zombies with Horse masks on their head).
Psychopath photo opportunity listEdit
Photo Opportunities give Frank extra Prestige points by snapping a shot of certain characters as a yellow PP icon appears over their head when they perform a certain action.
A shot of every Photo opportunities can be taken on every playthrough, but each shot can only be taken once per playthrough.
|Love Lasts A Lifetime||Jeff and Natalie Meyer||Photographing the Meyers hugging|
|Cut From The Same Cloth||Kent Swanson||Two photos for Kent|
|Photo Challenge||Kent Swanson||Erotic picture for Kent|
|Out Of Control||Adam MacIntyre||Juggles his chainsaws. But stay very far from Adam.|
|Japanese Tourist||Yuu Tanaka and Shinji Kitano||When Yuu and Shinji agree to come with Frank and bow|
|Lovers||Ross Folk||When Ross kills himself|
|The Gun Shop||Cletus Samson||Drinks from a wine bottle after he shoots Frank.|
|Case 2-3: Medicine Run||Steven Chapman||Tries to dash toward Frank with his Weapon Cart.|
|The Hatchet Man||Cliff Hudson||Jumps into one of the openings in Crislip's Home Saloon.|
|Restaurant Man||Ronald Shiner||After feeding Ronald|
|Case 4-2: Girl Hunting||Isabela Keyes||Jumps a ramp in North Plaza.|
|Above The Law||Jo Slade||Allow Jo to kill any of the survivors, or Frank kills them himself|
|Above The Law||Jo Slade||Poses with her handgun. After 9 shots Jo will reload and do her pose.|
|Hanging By A Thread||Sally Mills||Sally hangs from the giant rabbit in Wonderland Plaza|
|Hanging By A Thread||Nick Evans||Nick hangs from the giant rabbit in Wonderland Plaza|
|A Strange Group||Sean Keanan||Leave Colby's during the fight and come back. Open the door to Screen 4 to see Sean praying.|
|A Strange Group||Sean Keanan||Allow Sean to kill any of the survivors, or Frank kills them himself|
|Mark Of The Sniper||Jack Hall and Roger Hall||Pose after they hit Frank. All three of them must stay together.|
|Cut from the Same Cloth||Kent Swanson||Does his flying kick.|
|Long Haired Punk||Paul Carson||Laughs after he hits Frank with an explosive.|
|Long Haired Punk||Paul Carson||While Paul burns after accidentally setting himself on fire.|
|Cheryl's Request||Cheryl Jones||Take some photographs of Cheryl|
|The Woman Who Didn't Make It||Jolie and Rachel||reuniting|
|The Drunkard||Gil||While talking to Gil in Chris' Fine Foods|
|Case 8-4: The Butcher||Larry Chiang||When Larry is low on life he will run over to a bucket of meat and eat from it.|
|Overtime Mode||Brock Mason||Stands back and poses during his fight at the end of Overtime Mode.|
End of game photography bonusEdit
Excellent photography locationsEdit
- To take close up pictures of zombies, behind the counter of Crislip's Home Saloon is an excellent location.
- Since Zombies cannot get into the Al Fresca Plaza fountain, this is also an excellent location to take zombie close ups.
- Leisure Park is an excellent place to take full profile photos of zombies.
Small item picturesEdit
- Josh's Jewels in Paradise Plaza is an excellent place to take close up pictures of small items. Destroy the 4 chairs and place the items on the low table. Watch Frank's shadow though.
- During the daytime, in Wonderland Plaza inside the railing next to the south side bunny balloon, with green carpet.
- Avoid the rooftop vent platform, as the natural light is unpredictable. During the brightest part of the day the stark reflection ruins small item pictures. Josh's Jewels is a better location.
Large item picturesEdit
- Women's Lib in (E204). Has good lighting. With green walls and a brown floor. The display windows base is pure white for smaller items.
- Colombian Roastmasters (Al Fresca Plaza). Has a brown and pink background.
- Kid's Choice Clothing Has a yellow wall and purple floor. Where the Stuffed Bear is located.
- Introduction (helicopter ride) Where Frank first learns about taking photographs. This page has hints on taking photographs.
- Cut From The Same Cloth Annoying Kent Swanson teaches Frank how to take a picture
- Photo Challenge how to take erotic photos.
- ↑ Off, Greg (August 7, 2006). Dead Rising Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames. , p. 30
- ↑ Off, Greg (August 7, 2006). Dead Rising Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames. , p. 31
- ↑ Dead Rising Featured Guide, Cheat Happens.
- ↑ Off, Greg (August 7, 2006). Dead Rising Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames. , p. 121