Overview (cases/scoops) • Books • Clothing • Food • Psychopaths • Stores • Survivors • Weapons
|Location||Willamette Parkview Mall|
|Mission||The Cult |
A Strange Group
|Starts||Day 2, September 20, 1:00pm|
|Kill Bonus||500 each|
|Dead Rising Psychopaths|
- This article is about the Rainbow Cult members, for the article about the unannounced scoop, see The Cult.
The Cultists make their first appearance, attempting to sacrifice Jennifer Gorman, near the entrance to Colby's Movieland in Paradise Plaza on Day 2, September 20 at 1:00pm in the unannounced scoop The Cult. Like the Convicts, they don't count towards any psycho achievements, but Frank will get a 500 prestige point bonus for every one he kills. They are more difficult to kill than zombies.
The cultists have four main attacks:
- Slash Frank with their knife, which Frank cannot pick up.
- Lunge towards Frank with their knife. Cultists track Frank, even if Frank moves out of the way. They run for about twenty feet before they give up.
- Gas attack, see below
- Suicidal attack. The cultist will throw his hands in the air, then run at Frank. When he is in suicide mode, he can be shot and blown up prematurely, though melee attacks will have no effect. When the suicidal cult member gets close, he will either grab onto Frank or jump toward Frank, and as soon as he lands, there is a big explosion, hurting Frank, and any nearby zombies, survivors, or cultists. The only way to avoid this attack is to keep running away.
Cultists also have knock out powder they occasionally spray at Frank. If Frank is gassed, he is captured, put in a box, and taken to the Cultist's Hideout in Leisure Park. All of Frank's weapons and clothes are taken and lost.
Battling cult membersEdit
Frank can use the Cultists' suicidal attacks against them by leading the charging explosive maniac near the pack, allowing him to grab Frank, and then shaking him off. When he explodes, he blows up several of his companions.
Use firearms and fight from medium to long range to avoid getting captured by the Cultists, such as the Shotgun and Handgun. Pick the cultists off from a safe distance. If Frank has to get close and does not have a powerful melee weapon, the easiest way to kill the cult members is to take a bench and hit them in rows.
With certain weapons, such as the paradise plaza orange potted plant and the Bench, the Cultists will usually die with one hit, but occasionally they will stay alive just long enough commit suicide by blowing themselves up. So instead of dying by the weapon, they stay alive just long enough to commit suicide.
- Zombies ignore cult members, possibly because their outfits mask their human smell.
- Cult members will often slash zombies in an attempt to reach Frank.
- Like the Special Forces after them, the cult members never appear in Leisure Park or the Maintenance Tunnels.
Location: Theater 4
******* Representative of the True Eye
- GameAxis Unwired magazine called the cult members "Green Goblins".
- ↑ Paterson, J, Dead Rising: FAQ/Walkthrough by JPaterson, GameFAQs (October 8, 2006).
- ↑ Off, Greg (August 7, 2006). Dead Rising Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames. , p. unknown
- ↑ The special forces helicopter in Leisure Park is an exception.
- ↑ Santos, Wayne. [Dead Rising, Dawn of the Dead with a Controller, GameAxis Unwired (September, 2006).